Friday, January 2, 2009

2009, a new year and a good start

I can't believe I actually watched the Rose Bowl Parade this morning. After a hot breakfast of Cream of Wheat with raisins, prepared by my darling husband, I sat down with Ken to watch the parade. Thank goodness for TIVO! Ken turned on the television when the parade started, during which we ate breakfast. Then we only had to back up the program to the beginning and watch the parade without all those pesky commercials. It's been years since I've taken time to watch any parade. What a great way to start the year!
Later we drove over to Sue & Al's and had a mini potluck dinner. Al made a delicious chicken curry over assorted rices. We brought a large wheat crust pepperoni pizza to toss into the oven to bake. Dad joined us for dinner and afterwards when we played dominoes. Just a good day all around.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Nice to see your notes on As The Dough Rises.

Sounds like a perfect day to me.

Love, Aunt Rita

That Bread Lady said...

Thanks Aunt Rita!
I'm glad you can view my blog. I'm still trying to solve the problem of viewing it on my pc. I'll have to check with the school tech and see if he as an answer.
Love ya!