Monday, May 4, 2009

Out of the past...

Today, I received a letter...  

It was addressed to me, but the writer wasn't certain I was the person she was looking for.  No, it was a short letter searching for a long lost friend.  Searching for someone who had a baby the same time she did.  Someone who lived in Sandy, Utah and same time she had.  Someone who lost a friend's phone number a long time ago and was trying to reconnect.

It was a letter from my long ago friend, Carol, and she found me!  That was such a wonderful surprise! We had sons that were born 10 days apart at the same hospital over 20 years ago.  I immediately called the phone number that she wrote in her letter.  She had been in the Salt Lake City area on a work assignment and wanted to get together.  Of course, Carol had no idea I had moved to Tucson four years before.  It was so good talking to her once again.  She now has my phone number and (hurray) we are both on Verizon so we can talk, talk and talk some more.  

Some days it's really great to get up in the morning!!!

No comments: