Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Packrat Pandamonium

I hate PACKRATS!  

Okay, that's perhaps a bit harsh.  I do enjoy watching the desert wildlife as it roams through the grounds... as long as it keeps on roaming right out of my yard.
  
I'm resigned to the fact that those cute little cottontail bunnies who love to munch on my flowers will not be restrained by a simple chain link fence.   

And the wonderful winged creatures; doves, finches, thrashers, wrens, quail and even tiny hummingbirds... leave behind acidic poop that must be washed off the grill, chairs, railings and cement patios frequently to prevent discoloration and/or damage.  

But when those ungrateful little rodents, those PACKRATS,  attack my comfortable outdoor furnishings, I'd like to wring their tiny fuzzy necks!

Todays example of destruction focuses on the patio swing. 

I always find it comforting to sit and swing, to and fro, while listening to the soothing tone of the wind chimes and watch my feather friends flitting from fence to tree to bush, back and forth.  Even Sam and Mr T love to relax and take a little nap on the softly padded cushions of the patio swing. 

But after 4 years of this blissful activity, the PACKRATS have invaded.

As the photos show proof of their destructive behavior... those bodacious beasts have torn holes into the very fabric of the swings gentle cushions!   Of all the nerve!

 


I guess there's nothing I can do...

Nothing else...

except...

go out and buy new cushions.  

Of course, shopping is such a pain...   yeah, right.


No comments: