Monday, May 25, 2009

For Our Freedom...

Today is Memorial Day.  Some people may call it Remembrance Day.  A day to remember those who protect us, our home, the United States of America.  The men and women fighting for our freedom.  They were the soldiers that didn't make it home again from the war.  Or the ones that made it home to live out their lives, but not without the memories of wars fought and friends lost.  I'm fortunate to not have lost any close family members as a result of military action.  My husband is retired Navy Reserves.  I have 2 sons that served time in the Army.  My dad and several uncles have served in the military.  I have many memories of seeing little american flags waving on over the graves of soldiers and knowing my grandpa was one of those who placed those flags there each year.  And I have countless friends who have served or are still in service with the Navy, Army, Air Force and Marines.  So here I would like to simply say Thank You and God Bless You all for a job well done!

No comments: