Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday, a day of leisure

I can't believe my computer is working again! At least I was able to sign in to my own blog once more. I've no idea what went wrong, but if it's fixed now I'm not complaining.



These photos were taken during the week leading up to Christmas. Note the one with the fall arrangement still on the table with the Christmas decorations. I never did get that replaced with something a bit more winter themed.


Spritz were the ONLY cookies that were baked before Christmas. They wouldn't have made it if I didn't have help from my niece, Megan. She and her family are visiting from California. Her mom Linda, helped us with mixing up dough for sugar cookies and pepparkakors. Neither of those cookies are baked, YET! My helpers are now back home in warm southern Cal. The cookie doughs are still in the fridge. Perhaps tomorrow I'll bake them???







It turned really cold yesterday and we had a good freeze last night. More of the same tonight. I'm afraid to look at my plants outside under their blankets. The mountains were lovely with the dusting of snow. But this is Tucson and in a couple of days the temperature should be back above freezing once again.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I made spritz cookies, chocolate spritz cookies, pretzel sticks dipped in white chocolate, two stollen, and some oreos dipped in white chocolate.

And Tess and I made a chocolate cake from scratch and that chocolate glaze on top, with peppermint whipped cream.

I will have to let Zach know that it's cold in Tucson. He would be freezing even if he were there (although probably not as much or for as long.)

Mark and the boys are skiing this weekend with Thor's Boy Scout troop. I guess it was really cold on the mountain today, but the skiing was good.

Do the dogs mind the cold? Abe and Mojo are really quick when they have to go out to do their thing when it's around zero.