Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wow! College for me?

Well, I am truly surprised at the reader's level rating I received.  

blog readability test



Considering I never even made it to college. Maybe I should reconsider my life and take a course or two and see where it leads. As if I had the time! Adding one more thing to my to do list, would certainly be the last straw.
Although, I have thought about it from time to time. One of those "Gee, I should get a degree and then I can teach kids how to bake." ideas. Why would I want to put myself through all that torture? I hate deadlines. Doing homework was never my idea of a good time. And taking notes? Don't get me started on that! Oh, I can take notes as well as the next person, but I never seem to do anything with them afterwards. When I'm busy trying to write what I think is important down, which is everything as I don't want to miss anything, I end up missing the pleasure of just listening to the lecture. I like to watch to the speaker talk, their expressions and hopefully enthusiasm on the subjects I'm interested in learning. Can't do that when I'm trying to write all their ramblings down on paper. Anyway, I can't deny that I'm very impressed with the rating I received.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Showoff!

Way to go! You could try a single class at Pima. They are pretty inexpensive...my uncle started taking college classes in his fifties, because he was interested in the classes. He was a retired farmer, didn't need a full time job because he had sold his farm, and just took the classes because they were interesting to him.

If you did something like that, you might not need to take so many notes, wouldn't be too concerned about the homework, and can find out if it's something you are really interested in...