Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Today is a Good Day!

After yesterday's melt down, today is beginning better.  I actually got through breakfast eating sensibly.  Just eggs and tea (no cream or sugar).  Drank chicken broth for lunch with a piece of cheese.  Trying to stay away from the sweets and overdoing the carbs.  I know, take it one meal at a time.  Tonight is soup supper at church before the Advent service begins.  I'm making corn chowder to share. Yes, it does have a lot of carbs, but I'll try to take it easy. 

I only sat and watched one hour of tivo and it's already after 1:00 p.m.  Yeah!

While looking through the ads from the Sunday paper, I started cutting out coupons I will probably forget to take with me when I go shopping.  Then I thought about what I want to do with my life... so I started to cut out pictures in the ads of things to remind me why I have to watch what I eat.  I'm making a collage to put on the fridge door.  Maybe another one for the bathroom mirror.  
So far I have pictures of a bike I would like to ride again, I always loved riding my bike as a kid and continued loving it as a young adult.  Why did I ever stop?  I just don't know.  
I have a picture of clothes I would like to wear.  Not just the shapeless t-shirts, sweats and grandma undies.  (Oh, wait... I am a grandma, but I don't have to wear ugly undies do I?)  Boots, tall boots, maybe with laces and a bit of a heel.  That's not possible right now due to feet as wide as a ducks and necessary support inserts again due to my weight.
I'd like to play again.  Like ping pong without gasping for breath in under a minute.  I want to go hiking in the mountains and along the lakes.   I want to ride a horse again.
I want to travel.  So I have a picture of luggage.  A coo coo clock to remind me I want to see Germany, Switzerland, Norway and especially back to Italy once more.  A picture of a camera because I want to enjoy pictures of me doing things and not getting all gloomy because I look fat.  I am Fat!  That's the problem.  I want to be able to sit in an airplane seat in comfort. Alright, I know airplane seats are not noted for comfort, but if I could remove the extra 150 pounds sitting with me, it just has to be more comfortable.

Julie, thanks so much for understanding.  To answer your questions, Dad didn't watch me make pie crust, but he did help by peeling and slicing the apples.  Had a lot of apples so we made 2 apple pies and skipped the coconut cream (& lemon meringue).  No, I'm not a lunch lady anymore due to the past foot, knee, tendon injuries.  Just can't stand for hours like before.  I'm still on the payroll and occasionally help in the district office.  

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am glad you are feeling better today. I have been trying and failing to eat fewer carbs and meat...I find I feel a little better when I eat veggies and fruit and nuts and seeds for breakfast and lunch and small meals for supper. Small meals more frequently is working better for me, not so much nausea.

Mark is pretty much certain to get this Army job here he wants -- deputy commander for a new brigade, so he won't be retiring next summer after all. Way less stressful, since that means we don't have to move next summer. (Ooh, and don't mention the deputy commander thing to anyone yet, the General has not signed off on it yet, so it still could fall through.) Mark already has two job offers for next summer, both here on Fort Rich, so if the depcommander job falls through, he can still retire and start working for the Army Corp of Engineers, the job offer he is most interested in.

Don't go too crazy on denying yourself food. Just do moderation. Have a small Starbucks instead of a Venti.

We only had pumpkin pie, because Mark left Friday night so I didn't want to have lots of leftover pie laying around, but apple pie sounds so good I think I will make one for when he gets home. And maybe another for Christmas...